Thank you for your interest in employment at Harper Creek Community Schools.
To view and apply for a job, please visit
Welcome Back Proud Michigan Educators
Do you or someone you know have an expired teaching certificate? You may be eligible for recertification and return to teaching as part of the Welcome Back Proud Michigan Educator Campaign!
The Welcome Back PME campaign allows you to seek immediate employment and partner with a district to reduce or eliminate the professional learning hours needed for recertification.
Educators that participate in the campaign may be eligible for immediate recertification or may be hired at full pay and benefits on a substitute teaching permit while some or all professional learning hours are provided by the district.
Learn more and check your eligibility at the
Interested in working as a Substitute Teacher?
Harper Creek Schools has partnered with EDUStaff to employ substitute teachers. EDUStaff offers medical, dental, vision, and term insurance, for those who participate in their program.
The minimum requirements for a substitute teacher are:
- Criminal background screening
- At least 90 credit hours in any program of study from an accredited four-year college or university
Apply with Edustaff
To sign-up as a substitute teacher at Harper Creek, Please apply using the following instructions:
- Go to EDUStaff
- Top left hand corner, select Apply and "Start Application"
- Complete the online application
Questions or concerns? Call EDUStaff at 877-974-6338
Substitute Para Educators
Substitutes are called on an as-needed basis.
Must have at least a high school diploma or GED. Must have an excellent attendance record, be self-motivated, positive, and team-oriented, with the ability to work cooperatively with staff and students. Must perform duties with awareness of all District requirements and Board of Education policies.
Substitute Para Educator positions available include:
- Lunch/Recess Aide - $12.00/hour
- Classroom Assistant - $13.25/hour
- Special Education Assistant - $14.25/hour
- Special Education Bus Aide - $13.25/hour
- Library Aide - $13.25/hour
- Health Aide - $13.75/hour
Bonuses are currently available for experienced and non-experienced new hires. Bus Drivers must have a valid Michigan driver license, positive driving record, and the ability to manage students’ behavior during transport. During training and 60-work day probationary period, pay is $17/hour. After probation, bus drivers make $19/hour.
Interested candidates may complete an application including a review of experience appropriate to the position. Harper Creek Community Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please provide written notification for any special needs accommodation.
Follow these steps
- Visit Altogether Great website
- Select Careers and Job Opportunities
- Select Looking to Join Compass Group – Apply Now (Middle of Page)
- Select Hourly under Current Positions
- In the Keyword/Location enter Food Service Worker/Cashier
- In the Location field enter Harper Creek Zip Code – 49014
- Select "Get Started" to Apply on right hand side
Office of Retirement