Student Registration & Enrollment
Welcome to Harper Creek! We are excited to have your family as members of our school community. Registration for the next school year begins in the spring. Contact the school with any questions you may have.
The following steps are required to enroll your child. He or she must be five years old on or before September 1st or obtain a waiver in order to register.
- Present an original certified birth certificate.
- Present an up-to-date immunization record (see link at left).
- Present parent/guardian drivers license, State ID, or passport.
- Provide proof of residency within the Harper Creek district.
- This should be an electric bill or gas bill with name and address
- School and district boundary maps in link at left
- Complete the Harper Creek registration form.
- Provide proof of vision screening – Kindergarten students only.
- This can be done free of charge at the Calhoun County Department of Public Health.
If transferring from another district, the following will also be needed:
- Provide a release of records form
- Provide an affirmation of prior discipline record
Copies of IEPs and High School Transcripts are recommended to assist in enrolling but are not necessary in order to begin the enrollment process.
How to Complete Online Yearly Re-Registration Forms
Option 1: Visit the PowerSchool Student and Parent Sign In (harpercreek.net)
Option 2: Download the PowerSchool App with District Code: ZDPP
If you already have your username and password, click “Sign In” and enter your account information.
If you have forgotten your username or password, click on “Forgot Username or Password?”.
If you do not have a username and password, click on “Create Account”. On the Create Parent Account page,
- Enter the parent/guardian first and last name in the appropriate fields.
- Enter the parent's email in the next field.
- Enter the desired username and password in the appropriate fields.
- Re-enter the password for security authentication.
Associate Your Student(s) to Account
For each student to be associated with the account, enter the student's name, Access ID of your student(s). Access Password of your student(s). Open the Relationship menu and select the appropriate relationship for each student being added. To create the account, click Enter.
Update Account Information
To update the first and last name, username, and password for the account, click Account Preferences. Update information as needed under the Profile tab, then click Save.
Access Each Student's Forms
- Select your student by clicking on the student(s) name at the top left corner of the page.
- Select forms by clicking on the forms tab on the left toolbar.
- Scroll down to 2023-2024 Returning Registration forms. Click on “R1 Student Info Update” to begin. Make any necessary changes to the information listed on the form, then click “Submit”. If there are no changes, click “Submit”.
- Repeat step 3 for steps 4-7. You will be able to see your completion status on the right hand side of the landing page.
Change of Address
If you have any questions regarding the above information, please feel free to contact your building secretary, Sadie Weller, or Michelle Burkhardt for further assistance.
- Harper Creek High School 441-8450
- Harper Creek Middle School 441-4750
- Beadle Lake Elementary 441-3250
- Sonoma Elementary 441-7800
- Wattles Park Elementary 441-5850
- Sadie Weller 441-6577
- Michelle Burkhardt 441-6571
New to Harper Creek?
Enrollment for the 2023-2024 school year is open.
To begin the enrollment process, please verify your Resident District. This site will assist in verifying what school district you reside in.
- If you reside within the Harper Creek Community School district, please click on the New Student Pre-Enrollment Kindergarten - 12th Grade link below.
- If you reside outside the Harper Creek Community School district, complete the Non-Resident Application. Upon approval, you will receive a notification regarding your next steps in enrollment.
Welcome to Kindergarten at Harper Creek Community Schools
Kindergarten Enrollment for the 2024-2025 school year opens Monday, March 18, 2024. Qualifying kindergarten students must be five years old on or before September 1, 2024.
2024 Countdown to Kindergarten
Countdown to Kindergarten is a one-hour monthly evening program for children who will be attending kindergarten in the fall of 2024 and their parents or guardians.
Enrolling kindergarten students must be 5 years old on or before September 1, 2024.
Monday, March 18, 6:00 - 7:00 PM
Thursday, April 18, 6:00 - 7:00 PM
Please contact the elementary school your kindergarten student will be attending for more information.
Beadle Lake Elementary 269-441-3250
Sonoma Elementary 269-441-7800
Wattles Park Elementary 269-441-5850
Michigan Law and Michigan Health Department Administrative Guidelines require that all children entering school this fall have the immunizations listed. As per Board of Education policy, school principals will exclude and/or not permit a child to enroll/enter school who is out of compliance with the immunization schedule required by the Michigan Public Health Code.
Children 4 through 18 years of age:
- Two doses of MMR. Both must be after the child’s first birthday and at least one month apart. The second MMR must have been given after 15 months of age.
- Four doses of DPT. If all four of the doses were given before the 4th birthday, a 5th or booster is required.
- Three doses of Polio. If all three of the doses were given before the 4th birthday, a 4th dose or booster is required.
- One dose of Varicella (Chicken Pox) vaccine must be given. A second dose is recommended, but not required at this time.
- A Tetanus booster is required 10 years after the last DPT or TD.
- All school-age children must have been immunized against Hepatitis B. The Hepatitis B immunization is a three-shot series. The second shot is given 30 days after the first, and the third shot is given four months from the date of the first shot with a minimum of two months between the second and third shots. Do not start the series over if more time than indicated above has lapsed.
Children may receive the needed immunizations either through private physicians or clinics at the health department.
More information on requesting immunization records can be found at the Michigan Care Improvement Registry web site.
Harper Creek High School
Grades 9 - 12
Entire District Boundaries
Harper Creek Middle School
Grades 5 - 8
Entire District Boundaries
Beadle Lake Elementary
Grades K - 4
Who reside north of B Drive North from M-66 to the Beadle Lake Road; on or north of B Drive North east of Beadle Lake Road to 12 Mile Road south of the Kalamazoo River; east of M-66 on East Columbia to Triangle Trailer Park on East Michigan Avenue. (Also includes Bradford Addition.)
Grades K - 4
Who reside on B Drive North from M-66 to Beadle Lake Road and south of B Drive North, east of Beadle Lake Road.
Wattles Park Elementary
Grades K - 4
Who reside east of Triangle Trailer Park on East Michigan Avenue and north of the Kalamazoo River to, and including, 11 Mile Road. (Also includes students who reside north of B Drive North on 12 Mile Road.)
Schools of Choice
Limited Enrollment May, 11, 2023 - June 9, 2023 4:00 PM
Applications and materials for Schools of Choice will be available here on May 11th. You may also call the administration office between 7:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. at 269-441-6571 to have materials mailed to you.
Limited enrollment opportunities are available for students residing in school districts within the Calhoun Intermediate School District. Harper Creek will accept school of choice students with the listed slots for the following grades.
- 1st grade 25 slots
- 2nd grade 5 slots
- 3rd grade 10 slots
- 4th grade 15 slots
- 5th grade 15 slots
- 6th grade 25 slots
- 7th grade 8 slots
- 8th grade 11 slots
- 9th grade 20 slots
- 10th grade 17 slots
- 11th grade 5 slots
- 12th grade 10 slots
Unlimited enrollment opportunities are available for students entering kindergarten with an extended application window of March 15, 2023 – July 31, 2023 4:00 PM, and a separate application.
Schools of Choice Enrollment Window
Harper Creek Community Schools typically runs a limited window for Schools of Choice enrollment, based on space availability. The dates of the window and available spaces are determined by the administration each year. Check the Harper Creek home page for announcements.
When available, spots are open to residents of districts within the Calhoun ISD.
Schools of Choice Process
Submit a completed application during the window. If the district has a limited number of openings:
- Complete applications will be evaluated when the window closes.
- Placement depends on availability of open spots in each grade.
If the district has an unlimited number of openings:
- Applications will be evaluated at the end of June and again in August.
- Suspensions within the last two years may result in denial of the application.
- Transportation is not provided for new students in the program.
- We will attempt to honor elementary placement requests, but acceptance is based on class sizes.
- Approved applicants will be notified by mail with next steps.