Kindergarten & Developmental Kindergarten
Welcome to Sonoma!
Welcome to a very exciting year of learning for you and your child!
We work together in all areas and in all ways to help build community.
In that spirit of teamwork, we have community supplies.
“Community supplies” means that all classroom supplies,
whether teacher-provided or student-provided, are shared
by everyone. We like to SHARE!
Backpacks and lunch boxes are personal things of course. Please put your
child’s name or initials on these two items, but please do not put your
child’s name on any of the other items since we will be sharing them!
You are welcome to drop off the supplies at Meet the Teacher night!
The following items are suggested classroom supplies:
□ 50+ plain yellow pencils (sharpened)
□ 4 glue sticks
□ 2+ boxes of facial tissue
□ 1 container NON-BLEACH disinfectant wipes
□ 2 rolls of paper towel
□ 1 box sandwich-sized zip-lock bags
□ 1 box gallon-sized zip-lock bags
□ 1 bottle of Hand sanitizer
□ 1 package of Band-Aids
□ 1 package of black dry-erase markers
□ 1 box/package of play dough
□ 1 8 ct. Crayola watercolor paint set
□ 1 50 ct. paper lunch bags
□ 1 pair of headphones for Chrome books
Please understand that the items are a suggested (and not required) list of supplies for our
classroom. We realize that school supplies can become costly, so please select a few items from the
suggested supply list, if you are able, to donate to our classrooms. We will make sure all students
have the tools they need to be successful.
If you have any questions, please feel free to let us know. It is going to be a GREAT year!
It is not necessary to have the exact brand listed, however, these brands tend to last much longer and are of better quality. These items can be purchased cheaply during back-to-school sales.
- Backpack, regular-sized
- Headphones, over the ear
- Crayola Crayons, 24 count- 2 boxes
- Ticonderoga #2 Pencils- 8 or more
- Composition Notebook, NOT spiral
- Crayola Watercolors- 8 count preferred
- Elmer's Glue Sticks -6 count or more, standard size
- Fine Tip Expo Markers -2 or more, black ink
- Child-Sized Rounded Tip Scissors
Feel free to bring these supplies to Meet the Teacher Night!
We look forward to meeting you then!
It would be wonderful if you could donate a couple of items from this list to our classroom! Items with an * are higher priority items.
- Crayola Colored Pencils 8-12 ct.
- Sticky Notes
- Play dough
- Paper towels
- Paper plates
- Plastic Silverware
- Plastic Cups
- *Gallon-size zipper bags
- *Quart-size zipper bags
Thank you, First Grade Team
Items will be shared in the classroom
- 1 large pack of Ticonderoga brand pencils. Pencils with designs don't sharpen easily. Pre-sharpened pencils are preferred.
- Elmer's glue sticks 4-6, small
- 24-count Crayola crayons, NO 48 or 64, please.
- watercolors, Crayola brand, if possible
- 3 tubs of cleaning wipes, any size/brand may need more later in the year
- backpack please let us know if your child needs one
- small plastic pencil box. Please do NOT send fancy pencil boxes or boxes with a lock, as we will send those home.
- 1-inch, 3-ring binder with clear plastic sleeve on top to slide in a cover page; any color, Dollar Tree has them
- black dry erase markers
- headphones (we have a few pairs at school)
- 2 boxes of Kleanex
Your child WILL be given the necessary supplies. Please send what you are able to send!
Classroom Wish List
- gallon, quart, sandwich, or snack-size Ziploc bags
- white paper lunch bags
- paper plates
- plastic spoons
- colored pencils
- extra dry-erase markers, black
For Kane's and Savage's classes: prepackaged snacks to share with classmates. Examples: Cheez-Its, Goldfish, pretzels, etc.
Right now we are all set with hand sanitizer but we will reach out if we are running low! Thank you!
Please put your child's name on these items: pencil box, backpack, binder, water bottles, headphones, and watercolors. Please leave all toys/sports equipment at home,
Please send a healthy snack daily. Water bottles are welcome and encouraged!
Thank you so much! ~2nd grade team
- 2 Elmers Glue Sticks
- 1 Box of Crayola Crayons
- 1 Pack of Dry Erase Markers (Fine tip black preferred)
- 1 Large Pack of Ticonderoga Pencils
- 1-5 Packs of 3x3 Post-it Notes (no accordion) 1 Scissor
- 1 Plastic pencil box (i.e. 8 x 5 x 2.5 inches) - no zipper ones please
- 1 Headphones (optional) - wired only - wireless are not allowed at school
- 1 Kleenex (optional)
- 1 Cleaning wipes (optional)
- 1 Paper plates (optional)
- 1 Paper lunch bags (optional)
Anything not on the list will be sent back home
- Please DO NOT label the supplies as these are community supplies to be used by all. You may label the folder and backpack.
- Please DO NOT send items that are not included on this list. Unfortunately, they will be sent home.
If purchasing these items is a hardship for your family, please let your teacher know and supplies will be provided for your child.
It is not necessary to have the exact brand listed, however, these brands tend to last much longer and are better quality. These items can be purchased cheaply during back-to-school sales.
- A Work Folder - 2 pockets
- Crayola Crayons - 24-count box
- Crayola Markers - 8 or 10-count classic colors
- Ticonderoga #2 Pencils - 8 or more, please no patterns - this cuts down on
- issues because these are community supplies.
- Elmer's Glue Sticks - 6 count or more
- Expo Markers - 2 or more black
- Headphones - That plug-in for their Chromebook
Feel free to bring these supplies to Meet the Teacher Night! We look forward to meeting you then!
Wish List Items
It would be wonderful if you could donate 2 or more items from this list to the classroom.
- Clorox/Lysol wipes
- Paper plates
- Plastic silverware
- Plastic cups
- Gallon-size zipper bags
- Quart-size zipper bags